I got this recipe from my sister in-law Tanya, and her mom. Tanya isn't a big fan of meatloaf either, but this is the only version she will eat. Well, I will tell you, its cheesy and tasty, and wrapped in bacon. How can you go wrong, wrapping anything in bacon! Give this recipe a try, and send your comments to me, and please let me know what you think...Happy New Year!
Swiss Meatloaf Recipe: Serves 6
Ingredients: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. Rubbed Sage
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 25 Ritz Crackers-crushed
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Applewood Smoked Bacon-enough to thoroughly wrap bottom & top of meatloaf
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese (for topping)
- Beat egg in large bowl.
- Add evaporated milk, sage, salt/pepper and mix until incorporated.
- Add beef, Ritz crumbs, 1 cup of Swiss cheese and onion. Blend.
- Form into a loaf.
- lay out bacon in strips in a baking dish. Add meatloaf on top of bacon. Wrap entire loaf with bacon, make sure the top, and bottom of the meatloaf is covered. This helps seal in the juices!
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Swiss cheese, and bake for 10 more minutes to melt the cheese.
- *Note: You can pour Beef Gravy or anything your heart desires on your meatloaf.